What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When do we collect information and how long is it stored?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site, or when you provide us with feedback on our products or services.
User information of unused accounts is automatically removed from our servers 1 year after the last login.
This does not apply to Newsletter subscribers, though. If you subscribed to our Newsletter, your email address will remain stored in our mailing list until you actively unsubscribe, even if other user data was removed because you didn’t login to our website for more than 1 year.
If a user asks to remove all stored personal data, we will do so immediately.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To process orders and invoice them correctly
- To send purchased orders, we need information as required by postal services (name, address, email, tel.no…).
- To send information regarding orders and additional information related to your product and/or service.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To send out newsletters, only to persons who explicitely register for our newsletter.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you and get an insight on the audience we reach on our website.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Our certificate is provided by Comodo. Click on the security lock next to our URL in your browser to find out more about this certificate.
Game Brewer’s server is administered by TransIP, having it’s principal office in the Netherlands.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Disabling cookies in your browser
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Except for the above mentioned cookies, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not directly include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We commit to the following:
- We won’t use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- We’ll identify advertisements as such in some reasonable way.
- We’ll include the physical address of our business or site headquarters in all correspondence.
- We’ll monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We’ll honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- We’ll allow users to unsubscribe from our mailing list by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Last Edited on 2018-04-09